Hugo and Sushma find out more about the Museum Futures traineeship and Francesca and Sian dig into the archives to tell us about the Museum’s most-visited exhibition of all time (over 1.6 million visitors)–the 1972 show on Tutankhamun.
1) “I feel like when I speak a foreign language I become a different person.” – Do you feel like a different person when you speak English (or other languages)?
2) If you speak English well, you sometimes feel like you don’t have to learn new languages. – Are you motivated to learn new languages? Why (not)?
3) “For Tim, learning languages isn’t a hobby, it’s his way of life.” – Is this a good thing? Why (not)?
4) Watching TV shows and films is really helpful when you learn a new language. – What were the first films/TV shows that you watched entirely in English?
5) The internet helped Tim become a super-polyglot. – What websites, games, online communities helped you in developing your English skills?
6) Tim was interested in the Middle East and he started learning languages to understand it better. – Do you have an interest like this? What hobby/interest has helped you to be better at English (or other languages)?